That Jesus Christ is the Son of God. His birth was divine. His life reveals God’s will for us; and is our example. He died for our sins, and rose again to become our living Savior. He ascended to Heaven from which we confidently expect His Personal Return at any time, as He promised. (John 14:1-3)
Is His Body. It was divinely established. It is commissioned of Christ to go and tell “the Good News” to the whole creation. Christ is the Head of the Church. Division of His body is sinful, and hinders evangelism.
Are added to the Church (His Body, Family, Kingdom) by Christ only if they meet His terms of admission, which is God’s way to become a Christian:
- By Hearing the Good News and Believing it by Faith-Acts 16:30-31; Romans 10:17
- By Repenting (turning and forsaking sin): Acts 2:38; 17:30
- By Confession: Romans 10:9-10; Matthew 10:32
- By Baptism (burial in water): Acts 2:38, 41; 8:35-39; Romans 6:3-5; Colossians 2:12
Is for believers only. It is an immersion in water for the forgiveness of sins. We rise from the water to walk in newness of life as a born again believer. John 3:5
Is an act of worship. It is a meeting of believers to keep the blood covenant until Christ’s return. It is a memorial of Christ’s death for our sins, and is observed every Lord’s Day. Acts 20:7; I Corinthians 11:32-34
THE BIBLE IS GOD’S WORD
And is our absolute Authority. The New Testament is especially important for us, as it contains Christ’s teachings, the beginning of His Church, the divine instruction manual for a happy Christian life. It assures us of the ultimate victory of Christ and His Church.
Are meant to grow in character and strength.
This is accomplished by:
- A life of faith and service every day (also seen in church involvement).
- Faithfulness to the Church.
- Daily prayer and Bible reading which develop Christ like spirit that helps others to believe in and accept the Lord. A Daily Quiet Time is a must.
- Separation from the world.